These are Pressure Sensitive seals (PS-22 Foam Liner) that fit inside the lid of your jar, and when properly applied, will stay attached to the jar until they are peeled off. The seals have "Sealed for your protection" written on them in red, so that your customers know that you care about your product quality.
The best way we have found to use the seals is to place them inside the lid with the white side facing out.
Clean the lip of the container with alcohol to ensure there is no oily residue that will prevent the seals from sticking.
Screw the lid on as tightly as you possibly can, and let the container sit for at least 30 min.
The most co mmon mistakes made when using the seals are as follows.
1. Lip of the jar is not clean
2. Seal facing the wrong direction when applying
3. Not enough pressure is applied when installing the seal. (You may need to get someone with big strong hands to crank the lid down tight)
4. Not waiting enough time before removing lid.
5. Over filling containers is another co mmon cause for leakage. All products expand when they warm, so if you do not allow enough head room, the pressure inside the jar will be too great for any seal to withstand.
The seals have micro-encapsulated glue in them. Think of a vitamin E capsule only lots smaller. You need to apply enough pressure against the seal to pop enough of the glue capsules to get the seal to stick.